March 09, 2004

Conspiracies Everywhere!

My original post in brief: Some publication has offered numbers as to what they think a business traveler might spend while visiting Tehran, which I think is way off.

First comment: "...what the heck are you trying to tell us?"

Second comment: "I gather he is saying the organization that published that report is wrong on their estimates..."

Third comment: "thought he was saying he wants to go home."

Last comment: "...there is no conspiracy here, at least i don't think so. Unless of course he is trying to promote Jews to go to Tehran or something like that!!"

My reaction: See the image above!

Posted by Pedram at March 9, 2004 11:35 PM
Comments

I think there is no conspirancy and that the prices are much cheaper than they said they are.

Posted by: Alireza at March 10, 2004 05:05 AM

Are yew some kinda Islamicommunistic terrorist freako?!!

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 10, 2004 06:25 AM

Businesses often pay higher prices for hotels, flights, and other suchs services. Especially if time is an issue. Even if the plane flights and hotels are inside the USA. My company goes through our own travel agent. This allows is to book late, cancel at will, and have a contact if there is a problem. All of this costs money.

Posted by: A.H. at March 10, 2004 10:17 AM

You once wrote something about feeling nostalgic about Tennessee Taksido (not sure of spelling). I thought you might want to remember this as well:

Posted by: Amir at March 10, 2004 12:06 PM

So is it "lack of information" depicted in the cartoon? or it is "ignorance"? or "denial"?!

What is on her screen?! There must be something in there. They way she is pointing to it. It is apparent. You can never fool us!

Why do you pay that much attention to the comments. Not all of your readers leave comments.

Posted by: Dot at March 10, 2004 12:28 PM

Yeah! What she said! You are trying to hide something! And your "response," as you put it, is a mortal insult in Sumatria, and as a Sumatrian-American, I have never been so insulted in all my life! You will probably call me "touchy" next!

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 10, 2004 06:16 PM

So...you don't want to go home?

Posted by: justagirl at March 10, 2004 07:50 PM

I thought you would never ask...

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 11, 2004 08:32 PM

Uh...I'm a little mystified by the meaning of your new image...the comment board fills you with a sense of Bush-like vaccancy?

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 11, 2004 08:47 PM

obviously there is a problem here - could be that this iranocommunistconspiracymonger is upto something - what could it be?

Posted by: conspiracy at March 11, 2004 10:07 PM

Please, get it right. Pedram is an Islamicommunist terrorist freako, mabye, implied only through my baseless innuendos. I, however, am an Islamocommunisticonspiracymonger, which you can clearly understand from my choices of words in demonizing Pedram, rather than an Iranocommunisticonspiracymonger,as you have falsely chosen to label me. And yet you are right. I am up to something.

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 12, 2004 08:20 PM

Pedram, just to make sure that everybody gets it, may I emphasize that my comment was completely ironic?! You changed the image!

I hope they have proved you that there is no point in paying any attention to them.

--a great fan of this blog

Posted by: Dot at March 13, 2004 01:27 AM

Except for, perhaps, some entertainment value. Oh, and an occasional piece of well-reasoned political thinking, a veritable "diamond amidst the bullshit," if you will. I try to comment in both ways, and I emphasize "try." Dot, this may come as a surprise to you, but do you know that I was being sarcastic and ironic too?!! This is the problem of irony-it's always lost on some people (Americans are notoriously dense with ironic jokes). While taking objection to Pedram's wussy tastes in music (Mr. Cohen and Iranian classical music being the exceptions) I like reading this blog for a number of reasons, the primary ones being a shared political view between myself and Pedram (and in this age of the American "Council of Guardians," it's good to powwow and bitch about the problems in the world, and moving beyond such talk by articulation in action, spurred on by our talking), the great writing, and yes, the comment board, where people can talk, rave incoherently, and possibly dialogue. Perhaps this last one is most lacking. We come to the comment board after reading the blog, frustrated and angered by the post, a bad day at work (for me, a bad day studying Arabic and Persian, musical practice is just not going right), drink a pot of coffee, and run screaming into the comment board with a rant-heck, I'm guilty of that too. Though I'm a populist liberal with libertarian/social anarchist streaks, my collection of white male patriarchical imperialist domineering impulses come out after some days of class, and I just can't challenge people/professors to duels. So I settle for a pot of coffee, put on my KKK costume, get a little "Judas Priest" music pumping, start the heavy breathing and panting (oh wait, I'm looking at someone else's website),and write my comment. All of which gets in the way of having balenced dialogue with other commenters on this board/format. Or at least of getting a date; one of my hopes for the comment board was as a cheap dating service-but I digress. Anyway, maybe it would be nice just to compliment each others comments once in a while, or to play off the ideas contained in them, to actually dialogue. Not that crazies, uberpatriots, and yahoos who see terrorists everywhere should be discouraged from posting. They make us laugh, and soon, in their search for enemies, they will turn on each other, which will ultimately mean more natural resources for us all. So-anyone for talking to each other rather than screaming at each other (at least, some of the time; screaming is fun)? And let's thank Pedram again for his great writing which encourages us in the art of letter writing/message posting. Hope to meet you someday man, perhaps in Morro Bay, talk, and drink several cold beers. sincerely, taqdeermachen

Posted by: at March 13, 2004 08:19 AM

You really like to see your own writings don't you? Man are you full of yourself. My bet is you don't get many dates.

Posted by: Mehran at March 15, 2004 04:40 PM

Mr. T,
Put down the coffee cup...back away from the pot...
(P.S. you make me laugh)

Posted by: justagirl at March 15, 2004 07:23 PM

justagirl, Mehran, correct on all counts. justagirl, leave my coffee and pot out of this!

Posted by: taqdeermachen at March 15, 2004 07:29 PM