January 22, 2004

My Tintin Posters

Red Rackham's Treasure (1944) Explorers on the Moon (1954) Tintin in America (1932) King Ottokar's Sceptre (1939)

My order came in. I bought a few Tintin posters from AllPosters.com people, just like the ones you see above. Well, the actual ones are a lot larger. Now all I need is a few inexpensive frames from Ikea and my bedroom will look like a 12 year old's den. I recently read another writer refer to my generation as the "Tintin Generation". It may actually be a very appropriate term, except that Tintin wasn't as popular with girls and his fan base includes more males than females. Then again, I may be wrong. You can get your own posters and join my generation by clicking on the images above or searching all their posters below:

Posted by Pedram at January 22, 2004 10:42 PM
Comments

Now I'm jealous. I have some other ones, and tons of smaller post card size ones but these are very cool. Did you get the 2004 tintin calendar? it's beautiful. You can get them at Champlain bookstore in queen steet.

Posted by: wvs at January 23, 2004 09:00 AM

hey girls loved tin tin too you know. I wrote about this a while back actually (http://irantranslated.blog-city.com/read/399498.htm). my cousins (girl cousins) also loved him and we were always bargaining for trades. To this day I still have an extra skip in my walk if I am wearing one of my cherished tin tin t-shirts. Just bought one for my brother for his birthday (he is 31) and just got one for my own birthday (i am not 31). i suppose, 12 year old boys in iran back then didn't have too many girls around them unless they had relatives so i guess its fair that you might assume that ... and oh, another point, my mom was the one who got all our tin tins for us. I guess she was the ultimate "girl" fan, she read them all.

Posted by: bargeboo at January 23, 2004 03:25 PM

If only bargeboo was a little older and sinlge!!! I like the person that resides in between the lines above.

Posted by: Ali at January 23, 2004 08:33 PM

indeed, I am a big fan! you know they call us generation X or I don't know what! I'd rather be called Tin Tin generation:)

Posted by: Alireza at January 23, 2004 11:21 PM

Here is a blog you may appreciate, a window into the mind of your anima:

Posted by: AmericanWoman at January 24, 2004 12:11 PM

i don't think 12-year-olds have dens.

Posted by: sepideh at January 24, 2004 10:08 PM

ali: um ... pardon?!
where did THAT come from? thank you i guess? :)

Posted by: bargeboo at January 25, 2004 12:31 AM

I sure had a den at 12.

Posted by: NoBody at January 25, 2004 01:05 AM

Every Boy Scout has a den and a den mother, God love them. Also, den, which literally means a place that bears hibernate, is used as a synomym in the US for living room, family room, TV room, play room, kids room even rec(reational)room, lately I've been hearing the term "media room" which sounds more important, but is really the same shabby, comfortable place to relax informally. I think it is/was more used in the Midwest, where houses have big basements and the winters are wicked cold.

Posted by: winterwife at January 25, 2004 09:41 AM

Bargeboo - I wouldn't read into it too much. It was just my pure on the fly observation. After THAT silly remark I visited your blog and saw how prefessional you work.

Posted by: Ali at January 25, 2004 09:10 PM

Pedram,

Try ebay and if you are lucky you can buy the old Persian translated Tintins for $10.

Posted by: Afshin at January 26, 2004 12:27 PM

People are exponentially funnier when they're in rant mode.

Posted by: Maisel Mel at May 2, 2004 03:23 PM

I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them.

Posted by: Oldfield Krista at May 3, 2004 02:36 AM

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

Posted by: Rich Grant at May 20, 2004 10:39 AM